You will have the opportunity to learn from Derrick Crass, PA-C, MPT, 2x Olympian in weightlifting (1984 & 1988), and the inventor of DC Blocks®. The course is very active, with 4.5 hours of lab and 3.5 hours of lecture intermingled. You will receive a “Proper Technique for Lifting a Barbell Using DC Blocks®” poster, a “Block Training” manual, and a very handsome and personalized “Certificate of Completion”.
You will learn:
- How to clean and snatch from high and low block positions
- How to apply what you have learned from the blocks, to your lifts from the floor
- The rationale of the starting positions, movement initiation, and finish positions
- Various exercises that can be performed from the blocks
- How to appropriately program those exercises into your, or your athlete’s routine
Come ready to lift and learn, so bring appropriate and clean weightlifting clothing and footwear. The course has 2-15 minute breaks and a 30-minute lunch period. Lunch is not provided; please bring enough water and necessary snack foods.